A uniquely seasoned preserve dish incorporating Indian spices and local chillies. The pickle is pungently flavoured with pickle masala, chili powder, turmeric powder, cumin and coriander powder. The chilli adds both heat and flavour to the pickle and can be used as an accompaniment to most meals.
2 kilograms of green chillies sliced roughly
5-6 garlic cloves diced
1 teaspoon of ginger and garlic paste
¼ bottle of white vinegar
50 g of pickle masala
¼ teaspoon of turmeric powder
1 tablespoon of chili powder
1 teaspoon of cumin and coriander
Salt to taste
1 teaspoon of sugar
- Combine the vinegar and green chilies together.
- Allow the chilies to soak with the vinegar for an hour.
- Add in the pickle masala, chilli powder, turmeric powder, cumin and coriander powder.
- Stir in the garlic slices, ginger and garlic paste.
- Add in the salt, sugar.
- Mix well to ensure an even distribution of spices.
Decant into jars.