A mildly flavoured herb dish spiced with red chillies. This well seasoned dish combines together freshly chopped herbs with authentic seasonings.
2 bunches of herbs[watercress, baby spinach, red herbs or big leaved spinach]
2 fresh cloves of garlic,, sliced
2 dried chillies
3 tablespoonns of oil
A pinch of mustard seed
2 sprigs of finely chopped spring onions
1 onion[1/2 grated and ½ sliced]
½ a grated low acid or jam tomato
4 curry leaves
3 leaves of mint
Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pot.
- Stir in the sliced onion,2 of the mint finely chopped leaves and 2 of the curry leaves.
- Add in mustard seeds, 1 sprig of sliced spring onions, a clove of garlic and 1 dried chilli.
- Allow to simmer until the onions turn a slight golden brown colour.
- Add in the herbs and simmer until the herbs has reduced in volume.
- Water can be added if the herbs tend to dry up at the base of the pot.
- Add in the salt
- Stir in the grated tomato and the remainder of the onion, spring onion, mint, curry leaves, garlic and dried red chili.
- Cook until the herbs are well fried.
- Garnish the dish with freshly chopped coriander.