A variety of fresh vegetables blended together with Indian spices. The pickle is pungently seasoned with chillies and spices.
5 carrots peeled and cut into fine sticks
7-8 green beans chopped length wise, cut horizontally into 1cm pieces.
5 green chillies finely diced
A ¼ of a cauliflower, trimmed into florets
¼ of a finely chopped cabbage
Salt to taste
½ a bottle of vinegar
100g of pickle masala
5 tablespoons of chilli powder
½ a teaspoon of turmeric powder
1 teaspoon of mixed cumin and coriander powder
6 cloves of garlic peeled and sliced
- In a large bowl combine together the carrots, green beans, chillies, cabbage and cauliflower.
- Add in the vinegar and mix well.
- Allow the vegetables to absorb the vinegar for an hour.
- Stir in the salt, pickle masala, chilli powder, turmeric powder, cumin and coriander powders.
- Mix the pickle well to ensure an even distribution of the spices.
- Add in the sliced garlic
- Allow the pickle to stand for a few hours.
- Mix the pickle and decant into jars.
The pickle is preserved in vinegar and has a shelf life of approximately 3 months.